ACADA

ACADA
BOLD

Thursday 15 June 2017

Beauty & Brain: Meet Babcock University’s Best Graduating Student, Alexandria Braie


With a Cumulative Grade Point Average of 4.90, Alexandria Braie of the Department of Accounting, Babcock University, Ilishan Remo, Ogun State, emerged the best graduating student of the institution. In this interview with FOLASHADE ADEBAYO, the 22-year-old discusses her next steps.
You emerged the best graduating student despite having the second highest cumulative grade point average of your set. What qualified you for the honour?
There were other criteria taken into consideration, such as leadership skills, spirituality and community service. I was a leader in church and although there were no specific projects in these areas, my service in church and citizenship grade were considered.
Were you expecting it?

No. I was shocked. I feel blessed and honoured. I was not expecting it because someone else was already announced as the student with the highest CGPA. I had the second highest CGPA. Today is my happiest day and I am grateful to God, my parents and friends who have always supported me.
Did you consider yourself studious?
I was a balanced student. Reading everyday does not come to me, but I also took notes in class. I took notes to have a basic understanding and I guess it helps when you are not reading. I used the library because I like to read in a serene and quiet environment. The Internet played a very big role also. I got so many materials that you would not ordinarily get in textbooks. I feel that people should utilise the Internet more for its positive sides. Social media is good, but one can leverage on the internet to acquire academic knowledge. I would put the role the internet played in my success at 70 per cent.
How easy was it to make a first class?
I have always been a bright student. I was the best graduating student in the university, the best Accounting student and the best student in the School of Management Sciences. I also won the ICAN prize for best Accounting student. I attended the University of Lagos Staff School, Akoka, and the Redeemer’s International Secondary School, Maryland, for my primary and secondary school education.
I have always been brilliant and I have always been very determined to succeed in whatever I do. I look up to my mother because of her drive and determination to be successful. She is a facility manager and she inspires me to do more. I also ensure that I don’t give in to distractions and remain focused. However, I cannot do anything without God. He is the path to my success.
Do you have a boyfriend?
Can I say no comment?
Would you say that bright students get the same reward as winners of talent and reality shows?
I think there is an imbalance, but it is important that one derive satisfaction from what one does. I know that I can participate in a talent show and be presented with N10m, but I might not earn that amount in three years in a regular job. But, am I doing it for the money? Do I love what I am doing? The basic thing is to love what one is doing.
What are the next steps for you?
I am looking at studying for my masters. I have always wanted to be a chartered accountant and later on a consultant. I would love to work in big accounting firms around the world.
Why opt for Accounting?
I have always wanted to be an accountant because figures and numbers come easy to me. It was not a difficult choice at all because I enjoy working with numbers. You need accountants everywhere and there are different aspects of accounting such as tax and consultancy. There is a big tax drive to generate revenue at the moment.
What were your challenges in school and how did you surmount them?
It was basically about trying to create time for other things. The university obviously has restrictions, in terms of leaving school. But it was challenging trying to balance my professional exams and school exams. But I overcame by planning ahead.

Source: Punchng

20 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, different diseases require different doses of marijuana. The ailment plays a fundamental role in the choice of type and dose of marijuana. For example: for migraine, a topic or spray would work, while for chronic pain, tincture and vaporizers are used. To obtain the medical marijuana card, St. Petersburg uses legal marijuana.MyFloridaGreen is offering medical marijuana card Sarasota , medical marijuana card Saint petersburg , medical marijuana card Merritt island, medical marijuana card palm bay

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely product thanks for sharing the information post to keep it up.
    custom box design manufacturer

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing such a wonderful piece of information. The above information is directly relevant to Oil Packaging Boxes that will help the buyers learn more about packaging options. This is a good strategy. Finding all types of packaging boxes and other packaging options under one roof helps buyers select everything without surfing much.
    by: custom box design manufacturer

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing post thanks for sharing whit us it is very informative
    buy Book boxes
    buy Belt boxes florida

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi, you are doing great keep it up, i have offer for all of you, We know there are varied varieties and sizes in T-shirts so RushPackaging is making Shirt Boxes. These boxes remain apt during shipping and display.Custom T-shirt Boxes We design varied type packaging boxes that look adorable with tricky tucks and locks. We use Kraft paper and cardboard paper material while designing your Custom Boxes Wholesale.
    Custom T-shirt Boxes
    Custom Cereal Boxes
    Custom Bath Bomb Boxes
    Custom Boxes USA

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good Information. It helped me to get relevant information. There is also relevant information. Visit there, here is a wide variety for custom box packaging.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Most of the university demands Harvard Referencing style therefore, it is necessary to be well-versed with few commonly used formats and Harvard style rather than relying on citation generator, automated Harvard referencing generator or Harvard referencing tool which might result in improper references.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, You are doing Great I saw your Post I have Offered for all of you Lip Balm Display Boxes Wholesale
    We are offering incredibly designed Lip Balm Display Boxes Wholesale with free shipping services. We give wholesale discounts on these amazing sturdy boxes perfect for shipments and order Custom Boxes USA from all over the world.
    Lip Balm Display Boxes Wholesale
    Custom Lotion Boxes
    Packaging For Lip Gloss
    Lipstick Packaging Boxes
    Custom Hairspray Boxes
    Custom Boxes USA

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loved the blog, there is a great mix of details. Thanks for sharing a piece of informative information. It would be helpful for every reader, keep posting.
    Visit my blog: Discussing Somme Great Benefits of Hemp Oil

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for sharing with us. There is a great mix of details, it will be helpful for newbies. I appreciate your efforts. Keep up the good work.
    10 Tips to Differentiate Your Packaging Originally, With Sleeves Labels

    ReplyDelete


  12. Are you fond of reading Islamic books? Islamic books in Urdu are the best way to learn more about Islamic history and if you are fond of such books then you can easily avail chance of reading and buying them.

    ReplyDelete

  13. ITEK Insight is an emerging technology company specialized in end-to-end IT solutions, training and also IT Job Placement in a competitive Job Market.

    ReplyDelete