ACADA

ACADA
BOLD

Monday 19 November 2012

EXCLUSIVE: Rihana Get Personal With Her Facebook Fans

 Rihanna has strongly kicked started the promo of her upcoming album-Unapologetic . Yesterday during one of her promo stops, she sat down with Bravo’s Andy Cohen for an intimate facebook discussion with her fans.
During the discussion,RiRi talked about her newest duet, “Nobody’s Business” with Chris Brown, her desire to be the black Madonna and her career.

It was an interesting chat, read highlights below
There’s a duet with Chris Brown. He’s saying, “I wanna make you mine, and it a’int nobody’s business.” And you’re going back and forth, so is the message of that song as obvious as it appears?
“Nobodies Business” is basically the way I look at everything regarding my personal life. Even though you have to witness it, it’s being documented at every second, it is still mine. When it comes to my music, I’ll give and I’ll give and I’ll give. I just feel like I need to keep a little bit for me and I’ll get to decide.
It still becomes a conversation because you’re putting it out there.
I’m not putting it out there as much as it’s just there. I can’t run away from there. If I had it my way, it would be really nobody’s business.  I can’t escape that, and it sucks, but whatever.
I read early in your career that you wanted to be the black Madonna.
You know what, Madonna is one of those artist that she was very self expressive, she was bold, she was fearless, and all those things that I looked up to. As a young woman I wanted to be all of those things. I wanted to really just be myself, feel free to express it and not be afraid of what people would think about it.
At what point do you feel like you have made it? At what point do you feel like you are the Black Madonna?
There will never be another Madonna. At this point I am just so good with being Rihanna. I love her. I’m cool, I’m OK. Madonna is still the sh-t, she’s still the queen, she’s awesome.
Madonna is actually 30 years older than you are. Where do you want to be in 30 years?
In 30 years, I will be 54? I want to be skinny. I want to be fierce. I hope my tits are still sitting up. These are the things that I really want at 54. Nothing else will matter at that point.
Why is the album called unapologetic?
Because it’s very true. It’s raw, it’s honest, and it’s story telling. Each song, and even the way it flows on the album, it takes you on a journey all the way to…that’s just the half of it. It can only be one way, there can only be one truth, and you can’t apologize for that. That’s why I call it that.
Who inspires you the most?
My grandma, still. She’s just a complete woman. If I can even become half of that, I will be in great hands.
What song do you crank on the radio in the car?
Ratchet Navy coming out…”Bands”, “Love” and “Pop That.”
Is it hard to remain you with all of your success at such a young age?
No. It can be easy to be led astray, or caught up and sucked into the fame, and the bright lights, but I have alot of people around me that I have known since my childhood. A lot of people I trust. My big brothers Jay-Z, Jabron, and Ty Ty. They are my back bone and I’m in super good hands with them. They keep me grounded, they keep me in check. My mother is still my mother, and she also checks me on the regular.
How did the hurricane have an effect on you as a person?
It’s really difficult to see something so tragic going on and not being able to do anything about it. It’s nothing you can control. It’s mother nature and it gets worse and it gets worse and you keep holding your breath. It’s really sad what happened here. Tomorrow I will be donating $100,000 to the Food Bank of NYC. I’m also doing a listening party at the 40/40. Everybody’s asked to donate some blankets, bleach, cleaning, brooms, sleeping bags, and they get to listen to the album if they donate. And they have to donate it to the Daily News Hurricane Relief Fund.
What has been the highlight of your career?
I had a couple moments where I felt like [it was the highlight of my career]. My first Grammy, I felt like “Oh My God! This is not real.” Like, my dream was not even to get a Grammy, but here I am with one. It was sick. What I wanted to do my whole life was buy my mom a house so when I was able to do that, I was like “YEAH.” That was just a dream.
Spill the tea. I say a name, you say that first thing that comes to mind.
Kanye West: Genius.
Jay-Z: Even more genius.
Beyonce: Gorgeous. A stab to my self esteem.
Mariah Carey: Her voice is an instrument. Its unreal really.
Mary J Blige: Power.
Lady Gaga: Crazy, but I love that. I’m crazy too.
Madonna: Queen.
Nicki Minaj: Ass.
Eminem: The shit.
Chris Brown: He’s dope too.
Are you guys together? No

No comments:

Post a Comment