The hottest destination now for many young ladies and campus chics is the United Arab Emirate city of Dubai. This is now the in-thing or you can call it trend among these young ladies who throng to Dubai in droves especially those that trade in Clothes, Fashion Items and Gold which of course, Dubai is famous for.
These young business people choose Dubai over other cities because of the easy travelling arrangement (Dubai is Visa Free) and because most of the goods that are sold in Dubai are duty free! Most of the goods that are bought from Dubai are most times sold at double of the prices which they were bought and these bring about high profit on investment.
Below are few tips to guide a first time visitor:
· Dubai is situated among the United Arab Emirate
· Visa fee for a month stay is usually aroud $200 - $300 (N40,000 – N50,000)
· Affordable accommodation of like $50 per night. Two people can share an accommodation of a double room that is as low as $80 per night.
· Air fare, depending on the airline (Qatar Air, Emirate or Etihad) is between N120,000 to N160,000 for a return Economy Flight Ticket
· The local currency spent in Dubai is Dirham. Though, currencies like Euro, Dollars and Pounds are collected in some malls and stores. But these can easily be changed into the local currency.
· $1 equals to average of 3.50 Dirham
· Dubai is the most expensive city in the Middle East.
· As of 2010, Dubai was the 7th most visited city of the world with 7.6 million visitors a year. Dubai is expected to accommodate over 15 million tourists by 2015. Dubai is the most populous emirate of the seven emirates of United Arab Emirates.
The emirate of Dubai is located southeast of the Persian Gulf on the Arabian Peninsula and is one of the seven emirates that make up the country. It has the largest population in the UAE (2,104,895) and the second-largest land territory by area (4,114 km2) after Abu Dhabi.
Dubai has a desert climate. Summers in Dubai are extremely hot, windy and humid, with an average high around 42 °C (108 °F) and overnight lows around 29 °C (84 °F). Most days are sunny throughout the year. Winters are warm with an average high of 23 °C (73 °F) and overnight lows of 14 °C (57 °F). Precipitation, however, has been increasing in the last few decades with accumulated rain reaching 250 mm (9.84 in) per year. Dubai summers are also known for the high humidity level, which can make it uncomfortable for many.
Article 7 of the UAE's Provisional Constitution declares Islam the official state religion of the UAE. The government subsidises almost 95% of mosques and employs all Imams; approximately 5% of mosques are entirely private, and several large mosques have large private endowments.
Dubai also has large Christian, Hindu, Sikh, Bahá'í, Buddhist and other religious communities residing in the city.