ACADA

ACADA
BOLD

Wednesday 10 July 2013

OAU STUDENT WHO GAVE BIRTH IN TOILET, VACATES HOSTEL

Following the controversies that trailed the unusual birth of her baby, Obafemi Awolowo University, (Ile-Ife, Osun State) 400 level student, Oyinlola Rotimi has vacated Moremi Hall in a bid to reduce the attention the incident has given her on the campus.
Rotimi was initially wrongly accused of attempting to flush her newly born baby down the toilet of Moremi Hall, but it has since been established that she had gone to the toilet to stool not knowing that she was in labour.
The 22 year old student of agricultural extension and Rural development has since explained the circumstances that led to her giving birth in the toilet.
She said, “I was purging all through the night and had no idea what labour pain was all about. I just went to the toilet to purge when I just noticed that something came out of me which I found out was the baby. I started shouting as the baby entered the toilet and people around came to my aid. It was my friend that went to call on the cleaner as she was an elderly woman.”


She also took time to appreciate the efforts of the hostel cleaners who came to her aid when the little baby came out unexpectedly in the toilet. “I seriously appreciate the cleaners for their assistance because I got to the health centre before I understood everything that happened to me. I also thank the VC, my lecturers, doctors and nurses and everyone else that stood by me.
The baby has since been christened on a low key as the father of the boy, also a student of OAU, is press shy. He does not want attention as a laid-back person.
The boy has been named Nifemi Okikiola and the excited mother maintained that she was actually happy that the nature of her child’s birth has given her a celebrity status on campus and that it was a sign of good things to come.

“My baby is going to be great. Look at the circumstances that surround his birth. He’s just a few days old and he’s all over the news and people are happy to see him and about his story,” she enthused.

No comments:

Post a Comment