Do you wonder if your boyfriend is falling away from you? Or do you feel like he's just not as interested in you as when you first met? Or maybe you just want to be the best girlfriend you can be. Here are some steps to take to make your boyfriend love you more.
Part 1 of 2: Building Love Through Actions
Find a balance in your relationship. Relationships are all about finding balance. Balance will help you stay in love with each other, and should keep your boyfriend from feeling suffocated, a common complaint of guys. Focus on finding a balance between the following three ideas:
· Routine and spontaneity. Remember to make a fun routine out of some of the things you and your boyfriend love to do, but remember to switch it up. Friday movies are great, but so is going to monster truck race, even if it interrupts your normal routine.
· Love and lust. Love is selfless, timeless, and forgiving. Lust is selfish, brief, and unforgiving. In a relationship, remember to give, even as you take. Do things that satisfy your desires, but make sure the other person's desires are satisfied, too.
· Speaking and listening. Take the time to listen as much to your boyfriend as you talk at him. He may need to be taught things from time to time, but he probably knows plenty that he can teach you, too. Remember the saying: "The foolish man speaks; the wise man listens."
· This shows him that you trust him. If you let him know he's earned your trust, he's actually less likely to throw that trust away. If you don't trust him to be responsible on his own, he could be more likely to betray that trust just because he resents not being trusted.
· Does your boyfriend like sports? Is he an adrenaline junky? Get the two of you a pair of tickets to a local football, basketball, or soccer game. Take him to an amusement park and ride as many rollercoasters as you can in three hours.
· Is your boyfriend the hopeless romantic type? In touch with his sensitive side? Get him an old Philip Larkin or John Keats book of poetry and inscribe something on the cover: "With all my heart — the love that flows through these words is meant just for you."
· Is your boyfriend the outdoorsy type? Take him on a camping trip and snuggle up with him in his sleeping bag. Or maybe take him whale watching or bird-calling in your local Audubon Society.
Leave a thoughtful short note in his lunch kit or shirt pocket. Say something straight from the heart, and let him know how you always want to be there for him, no matter what. Make sure the note short enough so that he doesn't feel obligated to write you something back if he's hassled by it. Try something like this:
· "Hi there. Just wanted to let you know how absolutely special you are to me. Every morning, when I wake up, I think about how lucky I am to have you. You make my head spin — in a good way! I think I finally know what love is, thanks to you."
· "Peekaboo! What's round and furry and handsome all over? You! Just joking around.... What can I say, you put me in such a happy mood all the time. I really hope I do for you what you do for me. Please tell me if that ever isn't the case. Thinking about you...."
Make a date and go somewhere you can talk and relax. Have a quiet dinner, for example, and let your boyfriend know how much he means to you. Let him share some of his opinions and his feelings. Really listen to what he has to say, but offer comments to make the conversation flow. Clear some things up if you need to.
· Go on dates that you think he would appreciate. Think of activities where you both can be close together such as: a boat ride, a nature hike, a trip to the zoo, a train trip, a day trip to a nearby town, etc.
Part 2 of 2: Going the Extra Mile
Give him a long kiss once a day. However, don't stand there with a timer, but get a feeling for the time by experimenting alone beforehand. Kiss him on different places of his body to signal different moods.
· A kiss on the back of the neck or behind the ear is a very intimate kiss. Get ready to have a moment!
· A kiss on the cheek or the back of the hand is a very nurturing kiss. He'll be sure to feel warm and looked after.
· A kiss on the mouth is one of the surest ways to communicate your love. Kiss him gently, look into his eyes, and smile.
For older women, be sure to dress a little sexy every so often. Be sexy when it's just you two together in private. Go out and buy some sexy lingerie and give him a little show. Let him know that he still turns you on. Have a plan, since by being sexy, you just may turn him on. Know what you are going to do next.
· Remember, especially when you're out in public, to be a lady. A sexy outfit in private is the stuff of his dreams, but no guy wants to share his girlfriend.
· Act out a scene from a movie. Take one of his favorite movies, play the part, and make it a little sexy. He should be laughing and then crying for joy.
Be sure to be there for him in person. In our internet age, it's so fast and easy to connect with someone in person without even being in the same place, together. Make sure your relationship is grounded in real-life interactions and aided by the internet, instead of the other way around.
· You can never be shy with him or he might get the wrong message. Be with him and get really comfortable in the beginning of the relationship and it shouldn't be a problem.
· Don't forget to talk on the phone. Talking is different from texting. Even if your boyfriend isn't the most talkative person in the world, it's a good idea to talk a little bit each day. This will help build a connection and make him want to continue that intimacy that you showed with him in the beginning.
Play hookie together. Take a day off. Do something totally unexpected, like spying on your boss from afar, or making music together and recording it. Take advantage of your newfound freedom, even if it's just a day, and live like you've got one day to love.
Write him a short poem. Set it to music and play it on your guitar or other instrument, if you have an interest in music. If you want, you can purposely make it cheesy and try to get a laugh out of him. Try a poem like this one:
"From the second I saw you I knew
My life from there
out would change
My nights would be
filled with wonder
My mornings with
warmth and calm
And now, when it's
bleak with thunder
You are my
· BE YOURSELF DONT BE CLINGY TO HIM
· NEVER CALL HIM ALWAYS LET HIM CALL YOU EVEN IF IT WAS DISCONNECTED BY MISTAKE
· ALWAYS LOOK GOOD
· USE A CATCHY PERFUME LIKE (CHANEL COCO) BELIEVE ME IT WILL WORK IT WILL MAKE HIM GO CRAZY FOR YOU
· Be your natural self. You can't fake love.
· Guys have feelings too. Be nice to him.
· Give him a kiss and a hug often to show you care!
· Show that you trust and love him with your actions. Make your actions match what you say.
· Be there for him when he needs you.
· Don't always expect him to come over, sometimes we just need our bro time. He will always like you but if there is too much of you then we will get tired.
· Make eye contact from across the room and smile or laugh, then hold the eye contact for a few seconds and quickly turn around while smiling.
· Remember to try to look nice every day. Boys will like girls that have good personal hygiene.
· Tell him "I love you" every once in a while.
· Play around with him. Go with the flow.
· Don't be shy around him, it's good sometimes when you crack a joke to make him laugh. That way he'll know that you're not one of those just-romance type of girlfriend.
· Try to sort out disputes as quickly as possible to avoid long-term resentment creeping in. Remember not to make a big deal of little issues.
· Remember to be nice.
· Don't get carried away when he compliments. Keep a warm receptive and a smiley face.
· Don't be too clingy, cause guys HATE that. They like to know you care, but if you're texting him every second he might feel owned.
· Guys love to feel strong. Compliment him on that once in a while, but don't let it get old.
· Always keep in touch and be there for him so he knows that you care and he will care for you in the same way.
· let him be the one to say "I love you" that way you know you've done a good job, because if you say it first, he might feel pressured to say it back, so it wouldn't really be sincere.
· Avoid jealousy or asking him about his love for other girls.
· Don't constantly ask him why he loves you or he'll get annoyed.
· Let him know that he's all that matters. Guys tend to be underestimated by other guys.
· Say what you mean, and mean what you say. No one is a mind reader.
· Always hang out when he is busy rather than sticking around.
· Don't smother him, give him his space and don't get mad if he wants to hang with the boys every now and then.
· Show your boyfriend new things everyday, role play and do the unexpected to keep things interesting.
· Compliment him because he will probably return the favor.