ACADA

ACADA
BOLD

Tuesday 26 May 2015

Glo’s 11k per second rate excites Nigerian students




Student communities across the country are currently agog with excitement at the re-launch of Globacom’s special tariff package designed for the youth and the young-at-heart.  Tagged Glo Bounce, the package allows subscribers to exchange calls at the pocket friendly rate of 11 kobo per second.
Globacom’s Chief Marketing Officer, Mr. Ashok Israni, said Glo Bounce was aimed at significantly enhancing the communication experience of Nigerian youths.
Apart from the heavily discounted rate of 11 kobo per second, Glo Bounce has other interesting features which have already endeared it to the hearts of trend-setting young individuals in schools and those in formal or informal employment, according to Israni.
Some of the features include ‘Campus Zone’, which enables subscribers to call other lines at the rate of 11 kobo per second once activated.
Subscribers on the platform also get 15MB of data free for every recharge of N200 and above, as well as unlimited, free SMS.  To get on the Bounce platform, subscribers are requested to dial *170*4#. To opt for Campus Zone, they are required to dial *170*9#.
Speaking on the package, Hafsat Adejumo, a 200 level student of University of Ibadan, said although she has another line, she uses the Glo line more these days.
“Since the re-launch of Glo Bounce last month, I have used my Glo line nearly exclusively because of the affordable rate. My twin sister and younger brother are all in this school and we are all on Glo Bounce, making it possible for us to communicate with each other at the cool rate of 11 kobo per second,” she said.

Haruna Ismail, a 400-level student of Bayero University, Kano, commended Globacom for introducing the special tariff package for Nigerian youths.
“I was hinted about Glo Bounce by my fiancé last month. We have both used Glo lines for many years now, but I didn’t know about Glo Bounce until she convinced me to sign up for it so we could communicate in a more cost-effective manner. I did and must say it has been a wise move. Beside my fiancé, there are other friends who are also on the platform. So effectively, I have been able to reduce my phone bill.
Chinwe Okechukwu, a final year law undergraduate of the University of Nigeria, Nsukka described Glo Bounce as a well conceived initiative that is helping to reduce the phone cost of young Nigerians in tertiary institutions.
“I appreciate the free 15MB of data that Glo gives free of charge for every recharge of N200 and above once you are on the Bounce platform. It’s enough for me to keep in touch with my people on Whatsapp,” she said.
On his part, Brimo Jack, a 25-year-old, Port Harcourt-based teacher said he loved the Generation G component of the initiative.  “Since I joined the Generation G, I have enjoyed 200 percent bonus airtime on every recharge of N500 and above. Whenever I load N200, I get 100 percent bonus; and 50 percent bonus when I load N100. The icing on the cake is that I can use the bonus to call any network. This is one initiative that has helped me to rein in my phone expenditure. Kudos to Globacom," she smiled.

No comments:

Post a Comment