ACADA

ACADA
BOLD

Thursday 11 August 2016

Interview with Rising Star, FRANKEYZ


Frankeyz is one of the new acts making waves in the Nigerian music circle. This graduate of Mass Communication from Lead City University is poised to set the Nigerian music industry on fire with his songs. We recently caught up with and engaged him in this hearty interview. Enjoy.

Can we meet you?
My names are Anibonem Franklin Ikechukwu popularly known as Frankeyz. I’m a musical artiste from Anambra State, family of five and signed to GreyWolf Empire.

Tell us about your educational background?
I went to Lead City University were I studied Mass Communications. I had my Primary education in Kano and did Secondary school in Delta State.

What’s growing up like?
I grew up in Lagos State, growing up was crazy and it was fun at the same time. I spent part of my childhood in Kano where I was born and then we moved to Delta State and had my secondary school and later moved to Lagos State where the hustle started.


What was your ambition growing up?
Basically I love entertainment.  Initially, I wanted to be an Actor because of my watching Nollywood movies and seeing how Actors do what they do. I craved to be an Actor and I do always say to myself that’s what I wanna be. It’s been my dream to become an Actor but music took the better part of me.

How long have you been doing music?
I have been doing music since 2010 but professionally it started two years ago.

Did you have any song out yet?
I have a song already on air; ‘Oshere’ but I still have more coming.

How long have you been signed to your record label?
I got signed 5 months ago, so it’s still fresh and working on building my career, grow, move forward and putting out new materials.

Who's your celebrity crush?
My celebrity crush is Yemi Alade. I Love her! I Love her strength and she's an amazing singer.

What are the five things you love about Yemi Alade?
I love the fact that she’s Creative, she's passionate about her work, she's down to heart; lots of people don’t know this. She's fun to be with and my God she's SEXY!

Artist you look up to in the industry?
I look up to 2face because he has really proven himself, he has been consistent and he has been up to his game.

What’s your take on the state of the Nigerian music industry?
The entertainment industry is growing. Back in the days, Nigerian music is not being appreciated but now you will be surprise with what Nigerian music have achieved over the years. Our music is been heard all over the world so we are doing well.

So since 2010 that you started music, how has it been?
Before I got signed to a record label I was working as a backup singer.  I’ve worked as a life band performer, I backup for the likes of 2Face, Yemi Alade, Banky W, Jaywon and Sound Sultan.

Among these top artists you’ve backup for, who among them have supportive of your new drop?
I will say Yemi Alade, she's been really supportive and encouraging.

How do you relax your soul?
I watch Movies most especially series and I like gisting.

One thing you can’t do without?
I can’t do without my phone because as an artist inspiration can come anytime and you have to record it.

What inspires your daily look?
I inspired myself.  I’m a fun loving guy and I’m very simple. I put on whatever catches my fancy. I also try as much as possible to put on something that fits me. 

Where do you see yourself in 2017?
I have always wanted to be heard, I’ve always wanted to expand my horizon in life and I’ve always wanted to go out there and do what I like, which is music. I see myself going far from where I am now by 2017. I thank God for where I am now because I wasn't here couple of years ago.

What is the nastiest thing you have ever done?
It was when I had my first kiss, it was disgusting.

Word for your lovely fans.
I just want to say a big thank you to my entire lovely fans for their love and support. It’s hasn’t been easy but we give God the glory. If you have not seen my Video Just checks it up on Youtube: Frankeyz - Oshere official video. Follow me on Instagram and Twitter @Officialfrankeyz

Thank you and God bless you.

No comments:

Post a Comment