ACADA

ACADA
BOLD

Thursday 6 December 2018

Sex-For-Roles In Nollywood Is Real - Bimbo Ademoye

She’s one of the fast rising Nollywood actresses, and she’s set to take her game to the next level. We caught up with the pretty damsel, Bimbo Ademoye and she let us in into her world of make believe, her plans for the future among other topical subjects. Enjoy!

How did you get into acting? 
I discovered my passion for acting right from when I was really young so it was up to me to nurture my talent but I went fully into acting in 2014 when I started going for auditions and finally got my big break through Uduak Isong Oguamanam.
So do you have a formal training in acting? 
 I was born this way. Haha! Okay not exactly, I taught myself with the assistance of my mirror.
Were your parents in support of your chosen career when you first started? 
Yes. I’m not sorry to say I didn’t have objections from my parents. In fact, I had my dad’s full support. He took me to my first audition and waited 6 hours for me to finish.
 So how has the journey been so far? 
It has been a wonderful experience. I get to learn new things every day. Sometimes, it gets overwhelming but my passion for acting keeps me going.
 Starting as an actress and later gravitating towards producing your own movies, you seem to have raised your game to enviable heights, how does it feel? 
 Honestly, I feel like there’s a whole lot to do. While I am grateful to God for his infinite mercies and my fans for their constant support, I do not feel anywhere near fulfilled. I still want to work towards achieving my goals until I do not have to introduce myself to people anymore.

What is your growing up like? 
 Growing up was pretty interesting, being raised by a single father. He was very protective of us so we grew up as a close knit family.
Can you share with us some of your memorable moments growing up? 
 We were very reserved in my household and we had a tight bond but I can tell you I was the most stubborn of my father’s children. I had the tendency to talk to myself as a child and have imaginary fights and playmates.
Your family background and education. 
I was born into a family of 4 to Mr and Mrs Ademoye. I attended St Margaret Primary School and later transferred to Bessie International School for my elementary education. I had my high school education at Mayflower Secondary School, Ikenne-Remo, Ogun state and my college education at Covenant University, Ota.
 What course did you study? 
 Business Administration
Your experience again. What was it like during your campus days? 
 Coming back to movie production, what’s your take on the allegation of sex-for-roles usually leveled against movie producers and directors?  
 It happens, it is real but it is up to the females to stand their ground, speak up and let such bad eggs get fished out and get them banned.
Has any director demanded sex from you in exchange for a role? 
 Absolutely.
How do you choose the movies you star in? 
 The story has to be relatable and realistic. If it has those qualities, I’m down for it.
How long does it take you to get into a character and possibly get out of it? 
 I get into character the moment I hear the word ‘Action ‘and out of character as soon as I hear ‘cut’.

What is style to you? 
 Style is being able to express yourself and still make a statement at the same time.
What is or are your favourite fashion items? 
That would be my hair, my purse and my outfit. I have an obsession for weaves, I love fashionable, beautiful and trendy clothes and I love cute structured purses.
 Your signature perfume. 
I love masculine perfumes. I’m currently into Amouge.
 Are you into labels? Who are your favourite designers?  
 I’m not particular about labels but if I can afford it, I’m definitely copping it. For purses, I love Versace and LV purses because of the structure they always come in. For shoes, I love Louboutins because they always stand out. For clothes, I don’t really care as long as it looks good, I’m definitely rocking it.
What is your beauty regimen? 
 I shower morning and night
Your favourite beauty products.  
 A nice Lip Gloss I guess. I’m not so much of a fan of makeup
When not on location or working, how do you relax? 
 I just sleep. I can sleep for 24 hours or I just watch movies at home.
So at home what do you? 
 I watch TV, cook, clean the house and just repeat those activities unless I have friends over. When I do have friends around, it is over. Lol
Do you watch your movies? 
 Of course I do, especially to see my mistakes and how I can be better.
So do you criticize the movies you starred in? Maybe see something you thought you could have done better. 
 Definitely! I always have this ‘I should have done this better’ kind of moment with myself.
Where do you consider to be your favourite holiday spot? 
 Ibiza or Rome but for now, my favourite spot is Ghana.
Aside acting, what other things or business are you into? 
 I am an entrepreneur. I have my own hair line and am currently working on a shoe line as well.
How long did it take before you get accepted in the industry? 
 I am not sure if I have been fully accepted but I have gotten a lot of love this year.
Which movie will you say gave you the BIG BREAK? 
Back Up Wife and Diary Of A Crazy Nigerian Woman.
 What inspires?  
 My dad is the source of my inspiration. After him, my family, friends and of course, my fans.
You have been able to stay off controversies and scandals, what is the secret? 
 I mind my business and I try not to interfere in the affairs of others.
Are you a romantic lady? 
 Well...I am what you give to me.
What do you look out for in a man? 
 He should be honest, respectful, God fearing and have sufficient funds.
As a celebrity, how do you handle male fans and advances from men? 
I show them love but I set boundaries still.
What would you describe as the craziest thing a fan has ever done to you?
My fans are pretty normal so I’d say nothing for now.
What production are you currently working on and what should your fans expect from it? 
I am currently working on something entirely different from the norm. It is an animation called ‘Dawn Of Thunder’. It is about the story of Sango, his brides and his life as a god. This should be different from what my fans see, as they would get to see the animated version of me.
 What advice can you give to young people looking up to you as a role model and those that might want to take up acting as a career? 

Stay focused. Don’t get distracted and be determined to achieve your set goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment