ACADA

ACADA
BOLD

Thursday 24 July 2014

NDLEA arrests unemployed graduate with methamphetamine




The National Drug Law Enforcement Agency on Tuesday said it arrested a graduate of Business Administration with 2.18kg of a banned substance, methamphetamine. In a statement signed by its Head of Public Affairs, Mr Mitchell Ofoyeju, the NDLEA said that the arrest was made at the departure hall of the Murtala Muhammed International Airport (MMIA), Ikeja. According to reports from This Day, it said that the suspect was to board an Ethiopian Airline flight to Malaysia when the drug was detected in his bag. “He had parcels of substances that tested positive to methamphetamine.  “The case is under investigation,” it said. The NDLEA claimed that the suspect said that he got into drug trafficking out of frustration. “I am a graduate of Business Administration but have been jobless since I graduated in 2008. After several years of joblessness, I became a commercial bus driver in Lagos. I am single and live in Badagry.  “A man I met at a hotel promised to assist me in getting a job in Malaysia.  “He promised to pay me 3,500 dollars, but I regret everything now because I feel empty,” the agency quoted the suspect as saying. It also quoted its Chairman, Ahmadu Giade, as expressing disappointment at the action of the graduate.

No comments:

Post a Comment