ACADA

ACADA
BOLD

Friday 22 April 2016

I hear myself in Sean Tizzle - Kapital Ifex




Ogunbanjo Ifeoluwa Gbolahan better known as Kapital Ifex is a Nigerian up and coming artiste, born and raised in Lagos. The last of four siblings, an indigene of Ijebu-Igbo, Ogun, State, and a graduate of Mass Communication Olabisi Onabanjo University (OOU), Ago Iwoye, who majors in Advertising in this interview with Acada Magazine speaks about life as an upcoming artiste, his new single ‘Kadara’ amongst other sundry issues.

Your official debut single Kadara is enjoying some downloads online, how does that make you feel?

Sincerely I feel humbled, blessed and honoured by God to make the song come out the way it’s been accepted. "Kadara" a Yoruba word for destiny is my debut official single, and its acceptance is really huge online, it's basically been the best thing that has happened to my career, the Love, comments and sorts have been so overwhelming and encouraging. Though this is not my first I as a solo artiste, because I did "Ami Ase" (Amen) first. Which was inspired by the fact that at that time it was a new phase of my career, having been through a lot in my life, my thoughts was affected positively so I began to confess positivity to myself and everyone who listens to my music; who's apparently my fan. So I ended up doing a prayer song. Even though the song didn't really get the kind of push it needed. But I am excited about the response coming from “Kadara”.

What genre of music do you do?

Am a traditionally vocalist, as such I can render my vocals on almost any kind of music as long as there is instrumentation, but then being specific I would call my sound Afro Soul which is the order of the day *smiles


How do you cope with the competition in the industry?

The truth I have learnt over the years have really help shaped me, so there is a little to what I can be bordered about in the industry, as such my mind have been trained to cope, I rather get bordered about working on myself and getting better than I am every day.
How did the journey into entertainment started?

It all started way back in my primary school, where I always found myself in social, cultural, music and dance group, same continued in secondary school; I and my Big brother mimed other people's song and also danced to it as well. We even performed at social gatherings in school and people actually loved it, afterwards we decided to start writing our own songs and formed a music group of 5 called DA RHYMEZ.

We started with doing remake of foreign songs of artistes like Bone Thugs and Harmony, we later started recording our own songs as far back as 2002/2003, as at 2004/05 we already released about to songs on radio with video that's was on heavy rotation TV stations like Music Africa and as well as channel O in South Africa.

After few other recordings and performances, we all went our separate ways, but I and my Brother became a duo, after trying our hands on a few tracks; he went into Disc jockeying as a DJ and music producer, while I remained the artiste. So far so good that's how my journey started.

Who are your role models?

Growing up I looked up to the likes of Usher, R. Kelly, then the PlantainShun Boys and P Square. In recent times Wizkid, Adekunle Gold, Enough respect to every Nigerian Artiste who has made a hit, but Sean Tizzle is one artiste I really love his craft, because I hear myself whenever he sings…lol..

Which Nigerian and foreign artiste would you love to work with?

I would love to work with the almighty 2Baba, Wizkid and of cause Sean Tizzle, abroad; I don't mind a jam with Rihana and Drake.

Where do you see yourself in a couple of years?

In the next couple of years I hope to be felt in the music industry as such I see myself occupying a large space in the Nigerian music map.

Are you signed to any label?

At the moment no record label, it's just been me and my God sent friends, who I call family; they have been so supportive, through their promotional outfit called 'GoalTrendHub Media' so I am looking forward to labels, investors or sponsors am very open to either of them. *smiles.

What would you like to tell your fans?

I want to tell my "Friends" Not Fans that I really Love them, thank them for believing in my dream, may God bless them plenty I promise to always make them proud being a lover of my craft.

And thank you guys for this Golden opportunity, as this is my first ever print interview, I feel so blessed God bless #TeamAcadaMagazine

Thanks

Link to Kadara by Kapital Ifex

Contact:-
Twitter:- @kapitalifex
IG:- @kapitalifex
Tel:- 08024644705
Email:-
Goaltrendmedia@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment