|Herbert Wigwe,Group Managing Director,Access Bank and Slum2School Children|
To celebrate Children’s Day, Access Bank Group Managing Director, Herbert Wigwe visited the Adekunle High School Slum2School kids.
To help inspire the kids to greatness, he stated his belief in the potential of young people and the future of Nigeria, while spending quality time sharing his personal story and values.
There was also a question and answer session where the kids actively engaged him on various topics.
When asked if he came from a privileged background, Herbert answered saying he is from a humble background.
According to him, his parents were civil servants but that did not stop him from striving for excellence. His passion for hard work and excellence saw him getting scholarships to study abroad and eventually becoming the Access Bank GMD.
It was an engaging session where Herbert shared with the students 6 secrets to achieve success.
1. Don’t allow your circumstances to ever determine your future
2. Never compromise on excellence, success cannot be achieved without hard work and excellence.
3. Be hardworking and be good team players.
4. Imbibe the habit of saving,
5. Choose your friends and associates carefully, as they are your biggest influence.
6. Provide solutions always, because success and achievements come only when you solve problems.
7. Dream big and never stop dreaming.
To wrap up the event, one of the students, Goodluck, a paternal orphan who makes slippers after school hours,