Wednesday, 12 September 2012

ANOTHER Facebook Murder: Man Kills And Rapes 16 Year Old Girl He Met On Facebook

A Texas man, Franklin B. Davis, accused of murdering a 16-year-old girl used social media to lure her to a meeting, abduct her from her school and drive her to a river, where he killed her to keep her from testifying against him, police and a family spokeswoman said.
Franklin Davis gave a series of jailhouse interviews to local media outlets on Monday [Sep 10] to share his part of the story. Demons, he said. It was the demons. "I didn't plan on hurting her", he told WFAA's David Schecter. "I was fighting demons. It was like a different person was in me”.

The facts of the story are unsettling. Davis, 30, is charged with molesting Shania Gray, then 14, several times when she was a babysitter for his kids. She was scheduled to testify at his trial in October 2012 which, according to an arrest affidavit obtained by the Morning News, is why Davis wanted to talk to her.

Davis created a fake Facebook account with the picture of a teenage boy. He began messaging Shania, telling her he knew her friends and had a crush on her, per the paper's front-pager on Sunday. He called her using a pre-paid cell phone and agreed to meet her Thursday at Hebron High School.

Shania was surprised to see him, according to the affidavit, but agreed to get into the car when he said he just wanted to talk about the assault case. During the drive to a trail head at Valley View Lane and 635, she saw a pistol in his car and asked Davis if he planned to hurt her. He said no, and they walked down the trail to the Trinity, where he shot her twice.
"Why, Wish?" she asked as she stumbled into the water, using his nickname. Davis then pulled her onto the bank and stepped on her neck until she stopped breathing, according to what he told police. Shania's body was found there two days later.
"I needed to get some kind of evidence, some kind of proof myself to show I did not made love with her and that she's lying”, David told the television station. He said he didn't intend to harm Gray but was overcome in the moment.

"I was fighting demons", Davis told the station. "It was like a different person was in me. It wasn't me."
Hundreds of friends and well-wishers joined Gray's parents at a candlelight vigil Monday [Sep 10] night outside Horn High School in Mesquite, where she previously attended.

KTVT-TV of Dallas and Fort Worth reported that one student was taken to a hospital after her friends said she was crying so hard that she had a seizure.
Davis was arrested on Saturday [Sep 8] and allegedly confessed. He's being held in Dallas County on a capital murder charge. Bond is set at $2 million. Friends and family have set up a memorial Facebook page in memory of Shania.

No comments:

Post a Comment