ACADA

ACADA
BOLD

Tuesday 17 October 2017

Expelled Redeemer’s University student shows evidence of innocence


Debo Adedayo, a student of the Redeemer’s University who was expelled for a social media post a few weeks to his graduation, has faulted the decision.
He said the school was unfair in its decision to expel him because he had proofs to counter the accusations levelled at him.
Adedayo was expelled for criticising the school in a post on social media.
In a series of Instagram posts, the expelled student said he had nothing but respect for his school and on several occasions had promoted it as he would do for his father’s property.

Adedayo said, “Most of you who have been following my posts on social media in the last two years would agree with me how I helped publicize Redeemer’s University like it was my Father’s school.
“This same me would go to Ikeja city mall, different secondary schools advertising Redeemer’s University like I was being paid for it. ”
Adedayo alleged that he was probably expelled because under his leadership as the President of the student association, he refused to give the Vice-Chancellor and Director of Student affairs awards at students’ appreciation day.
“I am trying to understand the reasons behind this action by the mgt of the University. Could it be because, for the first time in history, my administration refused to give the Vice-Chancellor and Director of Student affairs awards on our students’ appreciation day as we reached the conclusion that they didn’t deserve it?
“Or could it be because my administration fought passionately for students rights; food, water, light scarcity? Could it be because I stood for the rights of students when they were falsely accused of defrauding the University…”
“All of these awards and I mean ALL, I received as a Student of Redeemer’s University.”
Adedayo further maintained that his post was not directed to the school or the Vice Chancellor but his post was an expression on issues that challenged him.
He also alleged that the school tried to force him to admit that his post was directed at the Universities management, however, Adedayo said he was happy his parents were taking legal actions against the Redeemer’s University.
“I posted this after a meeting with Prof Wande Abimbola. The school mgt invited me for an ‘interaction’ and right there, I was told that the school mgt feels that this post is about them.
“I repeated times without number that the post is simply an expression on issues of life and has nothing to do with Redeemer’s University. They, however, wanted me to admit by all means necessary that I was referring to the mgt of Redeemer’s University which I refused to.
“I was asked to Go and weeks later I was denied the joy of attending my own Convocation,” he said.
Adedayo posted more photos to prove that he served the Redeemer’s University with the whole of his heart. 



Photo credit: mrmacaroni1 Culled from PUNCHng.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment