As 2face Idibia celebrates his 40th birthday today, we at ACADA Magazine are paying glowing tribute to this living legend. We are highlighting 40 Facts that make 2face a 2face… Enjoy!
1. Real names Innocent Ujah Idibia
2. Was born on September 18, 1975 in Jos, Plateau State
4. He attended Institute of Management & Technology, Enugu (IMT) but dropped out to pursue his music career
5. While attending IMT, 2face Idibia composed and sing jingles at the GB Fan Club at Enugu State Broadcasting Services (ESBS) in 1996
6. He adopted the name 2face in 1996, and explained the reason as "trying to demarcate my personal life with my business life”
7. 2face first visit to Lagos was in 1992
8. He was formerly a member of the pop group, Plantashun Boiz alongside BlakFace and Faze
9. The trio were later signed to Nelson Brown’s Dove Records and they released 2 albums under the label, “Body and Soul” and “Sold Out”
10. He went solo in 2004 and signed with Kennis Music
11. His debut solo album is Face2Face
12. In 2005, he won the MTV Europe Music Award for Best African act.
13. He released his second album Grass 2 Grace in 2006
14. He emerged the first Nigerian act to win MOBO awards in 2007
15. The Unstoppable, his third album was released in 2008
16. In 2010, 2face released an "international edition" of the same under the title The Unstoppable International Edition
17. The Unstoppable International Edition won two awards at the 2010 SoundCity Music Video Awards, Channel O Music Video Awards Best African Western award and the MTV Africa Music Awards for Best Male and Artist of the yea
18. The Unstoppable International Edition Album was packaged to meet international standard and was sold for N1,000
19. He’s having 5 albums: Face 2 Face, Grass 2 Grace, The Unstoppable, The Unstoppable International Edition, Away & Beyond and The Ascension
20. His video, African Queen was the first video to be played on MTV Base
21. He officially discontinued the use of the name Tuface and selected Tu-baba as his stage name
22. He is part of the Sony All African One8 Project alongside seven other musicians across Africa recording a single with R. Kelly and Prince Lee titled "Hands Across the World"
23. Once dated former beauty queen, Vien Tetsola
24. 2face has had collaborations with a number of international music stars such as Wyclef Jean, R.Kelly, Beenie Man, Sway, Reggie Rockstone, T-pain, Mary J. Blige,
25. 2face is legendary and known for his immense humility
26. He’s the first Nigerian artiste to be endorsed by Guinness
27. He is also one of the most bankable artists in Africa, with endorsement from Airtel, Lekki Gardens among others
28. He’s having one of the most talked about duet with the legendary R-Kelly, “Flex”
29. In 2006, his song "African Queen" was used in the soundtrack for the film Phat Girlz, which was released internationally
30. 2face left Kennis Music in 2007 and started his own outfit, Hypertek Entertainment teaming up with Efe Omorogbe’s Now Music.
31. He is the first non-Liberian to become an honorary member of the Liberian music society
32. 2face is an ambassador of the Red Cross Society of Nigeria
33. He is also the brand ambassador for National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control.
34. He’s debut album Face2Face was rumoured to have sold over 6 million copies in Alaba
35. He’s one of the highest selling Nigerian artiste having sold over 10million albums
36. He’s having kids 7 kids. Sunmbo Ajaba (2), Pero Adeniyi (3) and Annie Idibia (2)
37. He’s legally married to Annie Idibia, a model cum actress who he got married to in May, 2012
38. 2face single “African Queen” is about the biggest song in Africa
39. 2face top hit songs include: “African Queen”, “Nfana Inbanga”, “4 Instance”, “only Me”, “Implication”, “Enter The Place”, etc.
40. In a solo career spanning over 10 year, 2face has won numerous awards including 5 Headies, 4 MAMAs, 4 Channel O Music Video Awards, 1 Kora and 1 BET awards.
additional info: wikipedia