ACADA

ACADA
BOLD

Tuesday 12 April 2016

Beyonce Fashion Line Finally Has A Name – Ivy Park



We’ve been waiting with bated breath for Beyoncé’s athleisure brand to drop ever since the project was announced in October 2014. Now, the project finally has a name. Folks, start saving up your coins to shop Ivy Park, launching April 14.
The name of the line is a combination of the Roman numeral IV — a significant number for Beyoncé, as both she and her husband, rapper Jay Z, were born on the fourth of the month— and park. Park is in reference to, well, actual parks, where you can wear Bey’s clothes and be the envy of absolutely everyone. The label, partly backed by Topshop’s Sir Philip Green, is a standalone brand, which both Bey and Green co-founded and own.
“Sir Philip has created some amazing collaborations, but I wanted a partnership and a standalone brand,” Beyoncé explained in a press release. “When I’m working and rehearsing, I live in my workout clothes, but I didn’t feel there was an athletic brand that spoke to me. My goal with Ivy Park is to push the boundaries of athleticwear and to support and inspire women who understand that beauty is more than your physical appearance. True beauty is in the health of our minds, hearts, and bodies. I know that when I feel physically strong, I am mentally strong and I wanted to create a brand that made other women feel the same way.”

Topshop boss, Sir Philip then added: ‘I want to thank Beyonce for trusting me and our company as her partner for Ivy Park. 
‘It has been an incredible 18 months experience working closely with her and her team to create the Ivy Park brand. 
‘Her engagement, our many meetings and her continued involvement in the range development has enabled us to deliver some wonderful products. 
It has been fun, exciting and hugely memorable. I believe this is just the beginning of our Ivy Park journey together.
‘I want to thank Beyonce’s team and our own team for their fantastic work in bringing Ivy Park to life.’ 
Beyonce’s collection will go on sale across 50 markets globally and the first Spring/Summer 16 Ivy Park collection will include over 200 pieces of sportswear ranging from clothing, footwear and accessories.
Fans will be able to shop the new collection worldwide, online and in-store from April 14 in Topshop, Nordstrom, Zalando, Net-A-Porter, Selfridges, JD Sports and many more.

No comments:

Post a Comment